We provide Hazloc assessment beyond equipment testing and certification; additionally we offer manufacturers factory inspections and field evaluations as required by the applicable explosion protection standards for North America.
Only classified equipment may be used in hazardous locations in North America. This equipment is classified using the same criteria as the hazardous location and carries clear marking to this effect. All hazardous location equipment must be certified by a third party Nationally Recognised Testing Laboratory (NRTL) or Standards Council of Canada (SCC) certification body.
We can assist you with US classified area testing and certification including the following key standards:
- ISA12.12.01 - Equipment for Division 2 locations
- UL1203 - Explosion-proof equipment for Division 1 locations
- UL60079-0 - General requirements
- UL60079-1 - Flameproof enclosures
- UL60079-11 - Intrinsically safe equipment
We can assist you with key standards for Canadian classified area testing and certification including the following key standards:
- CSA 22.2 No. 213 - Equipment for Division 2 locations
- CSA 22.2 No. 30 - Explosion-proof equipment for Division 1 locations
- CSA 22.2 No. 157 - Intrinsically safe equipment
Key standards for CSA zoned areas are:
- CSA 22.2 No. 60079-0 - General requirements
- CSA 22.2 No. 60079-1 - Flameproof enclosures
- CSA 22.2 No. 60079-11 - Intrinsically safe equipment
To learn more about Hazloc Testing and Certification and to see how we can help, email your specification and requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org, enter your details into the blue form or call us on the number in the top right hand corner of this page.