We understand the complexities that DSEAR requires employers to assess, including the risks of fires and explosions that may be caused by dangerous substances in the workplace. We are also aware of the huge duty on employers to assess and eliminate the risk of explosion.
Compliance with DSEAR encompasses many facets of business activity including:
- Risk assessment of plant operations
- Defining of any hazardous zones together
- Installation of hazard compliant equipment
- Preparation of explosion protection records
The regulations put into effect requirements from two European Directives, the Chemical Agents Directive (98/24/EC) and the Explosive Atmospheres Directive (99/92/EC). In the UK, DSEAR is controlled and enforced by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE). We can assist with the requirements within these directives by providing the following services in support of DSEAR:
- Hazardous area classification - Zoning of hazardous areas
- Hazardous area risk assessment - Defining explosion risks
- Hazardous area documentation - Evidence packs to support legal obligations
- Hazardous area training - Training for key personnel in support of DSEAR
- Hazardous area inspections - Routine inspection of electrical equipment
To learn more about DSEAR and to see how we can help, email your specification and requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org, enter your details into the blue form or call us on the number in the top right hand corner of this page.