Manufacturers of consumer electronics come under rigorous scrutiny when it comes to regulations in ensuring their products comply with required Directives. It is imperative that manufacturers comply with Electrical Equipment (Safety) Regulations, which implement into UK law and refer to the Low Voltage Directive (LVD). The aim of these regulations is to ensure that electrical equipment designed for use within certain voltage limits is safe to use.
Element Safety Testing can provide all the services a manufacturer needs to meet the requirements of the Low Voltage Directive (LVD). There are key aspects which are mandatory and these must be in place before CE marking to this Directive can take place. These are:
- Product Safety Testing
- Compilation of a Technical File
- Declaration of Conformity (DoC).
We offer impartial third party support to manufacturers in all aspects of the CE Marking Directive, from design reviews, full product safety testing, Technical File compilation or review.
Element third party testing can help you:
1) Mitigate risks associated with harm to the end user
2) Ensure that the end product design meets the latest test standards and regulations
3) Make use of a recognised lab with knowledge of the latest requirements to ensure consistent and repetitive assessments
4) Reduce internal costs associated with testing and maintaining test equipment
5) Access global markets with the use of accredited test reports to increase potential sales. In conjunction with a CB certificate safety requirements can be met in over 50 countries.
Element Safety Testing can issue the third party qualification necessary to provide vital market advantage and confidence.
Element also cover other applicable directives for CE marking such as Radio & Telecoms Terminal Equipment Directive (R&TTE) or the Medical Devices Directive (MD Directive).